Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Bandit and the Groundhog


Saturday I was compelled to ride in the garage on the trainer with coach Troy. He had me do Spinnerval 14.0 Aero Base Builder. . Got in about an hour and half with 25+ miles. Good time was had by all. Although, there is one fellow on the DVD that I am not fond of and actually find myself competing against. . .I might have a problem.
Sunday was the GroundHog run. The World's only total underground run. Troy (Smith) came over around 8:00 and we headed up to the caves to meet up with Bob and Matt Schloegel and some other guys we run with. We decided to do the 5K as a warmup (well I guess all of us besides Troy, because he took off like angry badger). 5K was a good run . . not too hard, but not too easy either. Seriously. . running with Bob and Matt at easypace is my semi-fast, but a 7:19 average per mile felt good and relaxed.
After the 5K we did a couple miles cooldown to get ready for the real race. . . . the 10K. Long story short, the 10K was great, I set a PR of 43 minutes 21 seconds and that averages out to under 7 minutes per mile (6:59 :) ) Picture at top is me and Matt talking going into the finish while those around us prepare for their full on sprint finish. I am farthest on the right with black shirt on.
We finished up with 1.6 mile cooldown. All in all 12 miles for the morning. . and tired legs to show for it the rest of the day . . and into the next. :)
OH!!! Bandit. . I didn't explain. A bandit is someone who shows up for a races but doesn't pay. . .but I would never do that. . . .

No comments: