Monday, January 12, 2009

Winter Trail Run and BB Ride

Saturday morning started at 6:20 AM. . I went and picked up Troy to meet some other guys out at Lake Jacomo to run the trails. The car temp gauge said 21 degrees out and the wind was pretty strong out of the Northwest. When we got to Jacomo it had started to snow and any moisture on the trail/ground at that point was frozen. I hadn't run the trails before, so I wasn't sure what to expect. Tim (a friend and triathlete) said it was just like the Little Blue Trace Trail. Well, it is nothing like Little Blue Trace Trail, that trail is flat and smooth, this trail is hilly, rocky and technical, especially after 4 miles when we hit the singletrack trail where I managed to twist my left ankle twice and my right ankle once and one false step either meant slamming your head into a rock or dropping off the ledge down into the lake. . . I will say though, that I haven't had that much fun in a long long time. It was neat to run with some new guys and to try some new terrain. Next time I am getting some trail running shoes for better traction and taking a fuel belt for water. All in all. . it was AWESOME!!! 10.6 rocky miles. . .

Sunday was a group ride. We started at White Oak Plaza and went to Buckner and Back (hence the title BB Ride). 6 of us showed up as the first (un)offical Bike Stop training ride of the new year. The pace was pretty mild, with a few stretches of some people getting after it, but normally kept everyone together and were just thankful for the 42 degree weather and the sunshine. About 37 miles when all was said and done. Not bad for January.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Did you take that picture? Pretty!

Anonymous said...

That is a pretty picture!