Tuesday, January 20, 2009

How much longer???

Till summer gets here??? I enjoy winter, I enjoy it up until Dec 25th and then I am ready for summer. Winter helps to set the mood for Christmas and the holidays, but after that, I have very little use for winter and snow and ice and all the mess associated with it. Don't get me wrong, I love the snow and a good snowfall, but I think I like it more in places such as Colorado, Idaho, etc. In my ideal world, it would winter there all the time and I could drive there enjoy it and then return to my 75 degree and sunny world. :)

Saturday morning, I picked up Troy and we headed down to Longview lake to hit the road with some other guys on a 12 mile run. 80% of the roads were snow/ice covered and made for an interesting run to say the least. No one got injured, but running shoes and ice/snow don't mix real well. Oh, and you would be surprised by the number of cars on the road at 7:00AM on a Saturday morning. Don't people sleep in anymore???!!!! The best part of the long run? Being finished. :) No pics this time. . sorry.

Sunday I chose to sleep in and spend some quality time with Amy and Kloden. It is amazing to see him grow and become aware of his surroundings. He is starting to smile at you and that is the most amazing thing I have seen in a long long time. The first smile of a baby, has to be one of the most precious things ever.

After church I hit the road solo for a bike ride out to Buckner and back. My average speed to Buckner was 21 mph. . my average coming home was about 16 mph. Oh, how I love the winter wind from the west northwest on a Sunday afternoon!!! I hit some hills on the return trip, since my speed was slow anyway. Figured I might as well throw in some hills to add a little more pain to the fun.

Got home, watched Football, went to church in the evening and looked forward to sleeping in on MLK day!

2 comments:

Amy said...

We don't do much sleeping in anymore. Well, I don't anyways :)

Tim said...

I'm with ya. Holiday's over? Bring on summer. Let's hope for dry roads this Saturday.