Wednesday, February 6, 2008


I figured this would happen. . I would be off to a good start and then nothing. So let me catch everyone up. Training is going really well and the weight is starting to come off. I am now down to 209 from 220, which makes me very happy. But the main thing is I can tell the difference physically, I just feel better all around.


We wen't to Colorado last week for a total length trip of 5 days and I had 3 splurge days and 4 rest days (besides skiing, tubing, snowmobiling), so I was "off" of the nutrition and workout plan for a while. I expected to gain about 2-3 lbs, but actually I lost about a pound of weight and it seems to be just going down from there.


It was nice to have the rest days, but my body was starting to miss the workouts and I feel so much better getting back into the swing of things. I am exactly 20 weeks out from Ironman CDA and I am about 1 month ahead of where I was last year at this time. I weighed 197 for Ironam CDA in 2007 and I am already down to 209, so that is only 12 more pounds to lose and my goal is to have that gone and more by the end of March. I would LOVE to be at 180 for Irornman this year. Weight is the single biggest hinderance when it comes to running and cycling. . so I hope to help myself in those areas this year.


If you want to see some Colorado pictures go to http://www.amyandjared.com/ and you can view some samples and then Amy has a link for more pics on her website.


4 comments:

Amy said...

You will do it hun!! I can't wait to see you do the ironman again. Let's go back to Colorado :)

Staci said...

Great job on the weight loss!!

I only have 21 weeks until my big event (the new baby)...but I'm afraid I'll probably gain all the weight you're trying to lose!! lol

Peter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Post another blog, we need some uplifting words of encouragement! Hope your training is going well. Steph and Jenny : ) candy?