Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Weight Gain and Loss


As a point of reference, I wanted to share what my weight was last year in training for Ironman and after.


January 2007, I was right at 220 lbs. I was training for a marathon throughout Oct, Nov, Dec, or 2006 which took place on January 14th in Phoenix, AZ. I would have expected the weight to come off during those months before and leading up to the marathon, since I was running around 15-20 miles for my long runs on the weekend. But the reality is my nutrition didn't really change at all. So while I was able to "run" (I actually walked a lot) the marathon, my body was in pain and my knees hurt from the extra weight. I believe that I actually hurt more after my marathon than my Ironman. . .


Anyway, the point here is, I started my serious training for my 2007 Ironman on Feb 5th, 2007 I followed a workout schedule and sortof watched what I ate. The end result was that I weighed 197 lbs for my Ironman. I had lost 23 lbs since January 2007 till June 24th 2007.


Losing this weight made it a lot easier to do and finish the Ironman, but I still feel (and felt at the time), that if I had lost another 17 lbs. . I would have been lean and mean for the race.


So that is my goal this year. .. to weigh 180 lbs for Ironman CDA on June 22, 2008.


Currently I weight 213.8 (give or take a 1/2 lb). So that means I have 33.8 lbs to lose.

I WILL DO IT!!!!!!!!! I may have to stop eating at some point (just kidding), I don't recommend to ever stop eating. . . But cutting back a lot can and will help.


3 comments:

Amy said...

You will be a lean and mean machine :)

Staci said...

I ran a marathon in '98 and didn't loose any weight either! You can run for hours a day...but if you eat more to make up for the expended energy...it doesn't matter! lol

So how many miles do you swim/bike/run in the Ironman CDA? I'd love to do one...but I think my body will only let me do mini-triathalons. I tried training for another marathon in '02 and my hips couldn't handle it! I'll just have to live vicariously thru your blog ;)

Anonymous said...

I know that you can do it Jared!!!!