Tuesday, January 15, 2008

From Fat to Fit




I am a little late in getting this started. . (hmm, that seems to be a theme of mine) but I wanted to provide a snapshot into my training and nutrition in preparing for Ironman Coeur d'Alene Triathlon on June 22, 2008. I am tracking what I eat and how I train on two different websites and I will provide the links to each.

Another reason, is I want to hold myself accountable for getting into shape and sharing a little more about me. Which is part of my resolutions for 2008. Also, not to do anything half way. I have decided, if I am going to do something, then I am going all the way. . no more half effort for me. If a workout calls for 1 hour 50 minute bike ride, then I will do that or more. . . nothing less.

I took photos of my disgusting fat body on Jan 1st and will post those (not that anyone wants to see them), but I want a point of reference for when I get leaner and "fit".

That is all for now. . I will post the pics later. . oh and I will attempt to post pics of races/training and such during my journey to Ironman CDA 2008.




Oh here are some pics from my 2007 Ironman CDA.




















2 comments:

Amy said...

You are such a hunk! I'm so excited you started a blog. I'll be reading everyday :) Love you!!

Anonymous said...

You go Jared!!!!!!