Sunday, February 15, 2009

Leaving on a Jet Plane. .. . well in an Excursion

Heading out to Colorado tomorrow for some snow and food. I will take the whole week off from training and do nothing but eat. Sounds like a plan!!!!


Quick post for this weekends adventures. Earlier in the week, I had the wonderful idea to see if we could ride in Coach Greg's garage and suffer through whatever workout he thought of. He sent out a 3 hour workout to see what I thought. . Sufferfest was the word that came to mind.

We had a solid group, though not a lot of people showed up. . as you see in the picture, the dark, humid, smelly garage just doesn't seem that appealing to that many people. :) Those who mad it were, Scott, Pepper, Pepper's daughter, Dave Corwin and Coach Greg.


Looks fun doesn't it!!?!?!?!? Pic is from my Blackberry. .. so sorry for the quality. We spent 3 hours sweating like pigs and watching American Flyer. . .
Saturday night we had all the family over and Amy's friend Shannon was here from Portland on her way to Spain. We had a great dinner and a good time together.
Sunday morning I wasn't feeling like doing much running, and thought about doing 10 and calling it a day. I am just getting over a cold and it was cold out and blah blah blah. .. I started off slow and just didn't have what I did the week before. . . but we all have days like that, right?!?!?
At the 14 mile mark I decided to suck it up and finish, because it is always easy to quit, and I am not taking the easy way out anymore.
Got 19 miles in and "loved" every minute of it. I strongly believe that the days where we don't feel great and don't want to be there, are the days that we need to keep pushing, even if it isn't our best day. 19 miles is a long way no matter how you look at it. . and I got it in. Can't take that away. . .
Well, we are off in the morning. . so everyone take care this week, train hard/race hard. . while I am eating donuts and drinking Dr Pepper.
Later!

4 comments:

Tim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tim said...

Yeah you all were steaming up that garage for sure. I also heard you had "stealth training" guy there Sunday. Good job getting in that last big run before va-kay. Enjoy the time away.

Anonymous said...

You did not take a break!!

tri2fnsh said...

Great blog! I don't think I knew you had a blog...I also really enjoyed reading your post about CDA. It is so different reading from another person's perspective.
I need to post a 2009 race schedule. I'm actually thinking of Redman 1/2 and then still planning on CDA 2010. Oh yes, and congrats on Kloden! Let's see some pics of that future triathlete!