Monday, September 8, 2008

Tour of Missouri

Tour of Missouri 2008:

For those that don't know what the Tour of Missouri is, in short is it a stage race across Missouri by the world's best professional cyclists. It is a great opportunity to see a world class race close up. Basically it would be like going to a playoff game or baseball or football and being able to be on the field.

Here are some photos from the event. Pics of bikes. To be exact Prince bikes, some of the best and most expensive in the world. I think I enjoyed walking by the team cars and checking out all of the equipment as much as the race. .. .well, almost as much.

Giant bikes: This is Mark Cavendish's bike, he won the stage and he is regarded as one of the top sprinters in the world.



Here is the final push to the finish. . these guys are moving. . smokin fast. This is at the end of 90 miles and I am sure their legs are burning, but they are pushing close to 40 mph. . . WOW!!!

These two Rock Racing guys fell off the back and were just helping each other to the finish. I think one of them crashed earlier in the day and the other is actually helping him to cross the finish line.


This is my new best friend, George Hincapie. If you don't know who George is, then Google his name. It should return with about a million hits. He helped Lance Armstrong to all 7 of his Tour De France victories. George is one of the greatest American cyclists of all times. When I saw him, he was about to get back into the team bus, but I called out "George, it's me!!!" and he came right over. Well, actually I called out "George, just one more picture" and he was nice enough to come over. Then a reporter got a hold of him so he took pics with me and was answering the reporter's questions. Anyway, I like the picture.







2 comments:

Amy said...

Nice pictures :)
Thanks for the chocolate/coffee treats :)

Anonymous said...

Cool!!! You're famous!!! You look famous in the picture anyway!